1. . DAY TIMETABLE: JULY 13 – 17
2. GRADE 4 & 5 AND LSEN CLASS ORIENTATION
Group 1 & 2 of Grade 4 & 5 as well as the LSEN children all come to school on 10 July. Each class is divided into 2 groups. Your child will come to school on alternative days. Drop your child off, with his/her mask on, at the specific gate. Parents need to drop and go, in order to prevent a traffic pile-up. Your child will be met at the gate by a staff member who will scan your child and sanitize their hands. Parents may not enter the school grounds without an appointment.
NB! ALL GRADE R, 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7 STAY AT HOME ON 10 JULY
3. WHAT MUST YOUR CHILD BRING TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY?
- One mask on their face and an extra one in their bags. (If your child is using a shield, they must still wear a mask underneath)
- Own sanitizer
- 1 Packet of wet wipes (add a spoon of Dettol)
- ALL lock down school work (Grade 4 & 5) and books must also come back to school
- Covid 19 letter which will be handed out on 10 July, must be back on 13 July.
- Own stationery (No learner may borrow)
- A healthy lunch box (the tuck shop will not be open)
4. TUCK SHOP
The tuck shop will remain closed until further notice.
The entire school’s attendance average is 93%. It increases daily as more children return to school.
So far everything goes according to plan. Thank you to every learner, parent and teacher for your extra effort. The “new normal” is going to be with us for a long time. Let’s get used to this and make the best of this situation. Stay safe and healthy.
6. COVID-19 SCREENING TOOL LETTER (LSEN, GRADE 4 & 5)
This letter is from the Department and must be completed by the parents and send back to school. Each LSEN, Grade 4 and 5 learner will receive a letter on 10 July and it must be back on 13 July. (All other grades already completed these forms.)
As soon as the children are in their classrooms, the teachers will explain the new class routines and how the safety rules will work. They will also receive Covid-19 training so that they can remain calm and feel safe.
7. BREAK TIMES
The class teacher will remain with his/her class to ensure that the safety rules and social distancing are met at all times. There will also be members of staff and cleaners on duty at the bathrooms during every break.
PLEASE NOTE: NO BALLS AND TOYS may come to school. No contact games at all. During break they may move around within their designated area, remove masks to eat as long as they keep their social distancing.
8. CLOSING TIMES FROM 13 JULY
According to the Covid-Policy, once your child has left the school ground he/she is no longer a responsibility of the LSL staff anymore. Please be punctual to pick up your child.
Please note that the school starts promptly at 7:25. Make sure your child is on time.
9. SCHOOL FEES
Parents are kindly requested to continue paying school fees. The school still has fixed expenses and we do not want to lose teachers and increase class sizes. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.